Globethics.net is calling for motivated and dynamic volunteers to be a part of the success of our International Conference taking place in Geneva, Switzerland from Monday 17 to Wednesday 19 October 2022 under the theme Building New Bridges Together: Ethics and Values at the Heart of Quality Education.
The Globethics.net International Conference 2022 continues the Building New Bridges Together series started in 2020 and takes the form of an intercultural conversation on ethics and on education in the context of advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4 on quality education. It features a pre-conference story competition, an open paper forum, a Youth Forum, plenary and workshop sessions, breakfast and constituency meetings and networking opportunities.
More information about the Conference is available on our website at https://www.globethics.net/bnbt-2022.
We are looking for volunteers to support the organisation of the conference as: 1) rapporteurs (reporter/note taker); 2) event assistants (logistics); and 3) communication assistants, as per the role descriptions given below.
- Provide clear and concise reports of exchanges in working group sessions and of presentations made and questions addressed in plenary sessions, drawing out the main ideas and highlighting any underlying assumptions made;
- Co-ordinate with the moderator(s)/facilitator(s) of the session(s) assigned and with the conference organisers to submit the reports in a timely way; and
- Support the production of conference outcomes, including the conference communique and report.
2) Event Assistants (logistics)
Event assistants would:
- Welcome conference participants and assist with registration;
- Support the management of the conference, working closely in a team with others to ensure that the event runs smoothly;
- Prepare the conference packs, including assembling documents, badges, labels, name cards for the tables, certificates, etc.;
- Escort conference participants from the airport, train and bus stations to the conference venue and back as needed, provide guidance on the public transport system and assist with hotel check-in and local transport itineraries;
- Motivate participants and fellow colleagues throughout the conference;
- Assist during the coffee breaks, lunches and evening events;
- Accompany the excursions on Day 2; and
- Help with the wrap up and tidying up at the end of the conference.
3) Communication Assistants
Communication assistants would:
- Help with the editing of video submissions and with the preparation of PowerPoint templates, welcome and session slides and speakers’ presentations for display during the conference programme;
- Assist in implementing the conference communication plan, including the drafting and editing of social media posts (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and website content;
- Facilitate effective internal communication within the conference team;
- Take photographs and video clips;
- Support the livestreaming of the conference during the plenary sessions;
- Direct media enquiries to and liaise with the Communication Manager; and
- Assist the Communication Manager with other tasks as needed.
- Live in or near Geneva, Switzerland
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the topics addressed in the conference
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Possess a personal laptop for use during the conference (rapporteurs and communication assistants)
- Proficiency on social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) (communication assistants)
- Availability prior to and during the conference
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems
- Fluency in French and other languages
- Efficient working style and good time management skills
- Motivation and flexibility
- Lots of energy and a friendly disposition
- Driver's licence and a car (parking can be arranged at the conference venue)
All volunteers will be invited to attend a briefing meeting at the conference venue on Monday 10 October 2022 – details of the meeting will be sent out by email – and are asked to be available as follows (not including Saturday 15 or Sunday 16 October 2022) to support the conference preparations:
- Rapporteurs – from Friday 14 October to Wednesday 19 October 2022;
- Event assistants – from Wednesday 12 October to Wednesday 19 October 2022; and
- Communication assistants – from Wednesday 12 October to Wednesday 19 October 2022.
Compensation and certificate
Globethics.net will offer all volunteers meal vouchers for each day that they are available and a certificate of participation recognising their contributions.
Please complete the online application form here.
Deadline for applications - Sunday 2 October 2022
The selection process will be finalised on Monday 3 October 2022 and the notifications to successful candidates will be sent out on Tuesday 4 October 2022.
For any other questions please contact the Globethics.net Conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest,
The Globethics.net Conference team