We are looking for a Fundraising & Business Development Officer to join the CyberPeace Institute’s effort in developing fundraising activities with a focus on corporations, foundations and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI).
We are looking for candidates who wish to put their skills and knowledge at the service of the greater good. We are looking for committed and altruistic individuals, with strong humanitarian values. If you want to support the most vulnerable, and if you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, we are eager to consider your application.
- Support the implementation of the fundraising strategy by researching and identifying new income streams, new donor prospects, and submitting funding applications
- Prepare compelling high quality fundraising proposals that are relevant to the strategic ambitions of the Institute and ensure related timely reporting
- Lead the account management of a portfolio of donors to develop and maintain excellent relationships that attract and retain major gifts, and strengthen donor loyalty
- Develop a deep understanding of the work of the Institute in order to engage and manage donor relationships and coordinate fundraising activities within the Institute
- Work with internal and external networks to identify and develop new major gifts to the Institute and ensure the professional stewardship of this activity
- Foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization to ensure the Institute is a donor-focused organization that understands the importance of fundraising and that contributes to fundraising objectives as a whole
- Produce fundraising related content for external communications such as content for mass mailings, website and social media as well as any printed marketing materials
- Manage the day-to-day operations including database management, gift processing, and gift acknowledgement. Monitor and report regularly on the progress of fundraising efforts
- Ensure fundraising activities are in line with the Fundraising Policy, and that procedures and policies are updated as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Your Experience, Skills, and Attributes
The post-holder is a highly organized fundraising professional who is excellent in relationship management and can ensure timely delivery on projects, effectively juggle conflicting priorities, anticipate the team’s needs, and deliver to a high standard.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree in fundraising, business development, or any other relevant area of studies
- Proven track record in raising funds for non-profit organizations and NGOs (minimum experience 2/3 years) within the corporations and foundations, especially in the US or EU
- Proven record of fundraising success including major gift solicitation, fundraising campaigns, networking and relationship management
- Accustomed to setting and achieving aggressive fundraising goals
- Experience in working with the Board of Directors, staff, and other volunteers in development, cultivation, and solicitation of donors
- Used to manage standard development techniques, including face-to-face solicitation, proposal and grant writing, special events, direct mail, and database management (gift processing, prospect and donor histories and fundraising reporting)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Proactive attitude
- Proficiency in Office Suites
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A working proficiency in English is required. Due to the interface of the Institute with French speaking entities, a very strong command in French is considered an asset.
- Experience in creating and curating relationships within the business and technology sectors in the US.
- Working hours: open for discussion, 80%-100%
- Duration: open for discussion, permanent or fixed-term
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Location: fully remote from outside Switzerland
- Contract and salary: local contract and salary level according to your country of residence.
We can’t wait to receive your application and thank you for your interest in CyberPeace Institute.
- Please send your application to email@example.com
- Please provide the following:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter (max. 1 page)
- Indicate your salary expectations according to your local job market and in your local currency
- Indicate ‘Fundraising & Business Development Officer” as email’s subject line
- Deadline for application is 15 October 2022.
Please read carefully:
We will only consider applications that comply with all the required enclosures, salary information and deadline submission. As much as we would like to respond to all applicants, we can only guarantee responding to candidates selected for the interview process. Thank you for your understanding.
The CyberPeace Institute
The CyberPeace Institute is an independent Non-Governmental Organization headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with the aim to create a cyberspace at peace, for everyone, everywhere. It seeks to reduce the harms from cyberattacks on people’s lives worldwide, provide assistance to vulnerable communities, and enforce accountability of state and non-state actors in cyberspace.
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.