Permanent contract; immediate start or upon agreement For our medium-sized, well-positioned NGO, we are looking for a committed personality to strengthen our Policy and Advocacy team, through the implementation of activities that support coherent policies, improved funding and a favourable institutional framework for the scaling up of agroecology. In this context, your responsibilities are to plan and implement effective advocacy activities to reach relevant decision makers from the policy and funding communities, with the aim to promote coherent policies based on agroecological principles and to increase funding for agroecological enterprises.
These tasks include:
- Support interested governments and food system actors in designing effective policies by providing policy planning tools and coordinating inputs of external experts and partners.
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of multistakeholder platforms in East Africa (Kenya or Uganda), that lead to the inclusion and participation of relevant groups of actors in policy processes.
- Facilitate and implement matchmaking activities between agroecological businesses and relevant funders/investors.
- Support and promote agroecological business models and suitable agroecological finance schemes in East Africa
- Networking & sensitization among public and private actors in the field of agricultural & food systems
- Fundraising and proposal development
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and motivated team player with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of work experience in sustainable agriculture with an emphasis on policy and participatory processes at national/local level, and some experience in linking such processes to the business and investment communities;
- A solid background in agriculture and food systems, or a related field in natural or social/political/economic sciences (at least Master Degree);
- Working experience in the development and cooperation sector, ideally, in agroecology or closely associated concepts;
- Experience in communicating with high level representatives of political, multilateral, funding, and/or investment communities, and in coordinating projects in complex environments with multiple partners;
- Readiness to travel frequently (mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa);
- Excellent command of English oral and written (C1/C2) and good knowledge of German (B1);
- Swiss passport or Swiss residence permit C / B.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic team and an innovative NGO with commensurate wages, adequate social security and a centrally located workplace in Zurich (Geneva is also a possibility, but this will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis). Please send your entire electronic application documents (CV, motivation letter, references) until October 30th 2022 to email@example.com, early applications are encouraged. First and second round of interviews will be held throughout November. For further information, please contact Mr John Garcia-Ulloa at firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 44 512 58 48.