International Hospital Federation
The International Hospital Federation (IHF) is an international not for profit, non-governmental membership organization. Our vision is a world of healthy communities served by well-managed hospitals and healthcare services, where individuals can reach their highest potential for health.
Headquartered in Geneva (Switzerland), the IHF is the voice of hospitals on the global stage. We are in official relations with the World Health Organization, and in working relations with many multilateral agencies and global health-related NGOs.
Our members are hospitals and healthcare organizations worldwide, who have direct involvement in the delivery of care. We provide our members with a platform for the exchange of knowledge, unique opportunities for global collaborations with different actors in the health sector, and access to an extensive network of healthcare leaders.
The IHF established the Geneva Sustainability Centre in 2022. The Geneva Sustainability Centre supports hospitals and healthcare services to address the sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. It aims to equip current and future hospital leaders with the information, tools, and skills to drive this sustainable transformation at leadership, management, and institutional levels.
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Communications and Marketing, the Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of communications, marketing, and media activities. This role requires an enthusiastic candidate with excellent communications skills, relevant experience in marketing, and a ‘can do’ attitude.
The postholder will work with a range of colleagues within the IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre. Externally, the postholder will engage with a range of stakeholders across the organization’s global community so should be adept at tailoring their work to suit different audiences.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering high-quality communications, marketing, and engagement activities for the IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre by:
- Contributing to an annual integrated implementation framework for all communications and marketing activities in support of the IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre’s strategic plans.
- Implementing the framework, taking account of target audiences, channels, evaluation, and alignment with organizational objectives, values, and audience expectations.
- Providing expert guidance to the IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre’s programme teams for campaign and content creation, brand-building, and promotion of their activities.
- Creating communications, marketing, and engagement plans for specific IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre projects/campaigns (including defining goals, tactics, and metrics) and managing their effective implementation.
- Writing and/or editing content for the IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre’s external communication channels, (including website, newsletter, press/media, social media, partner engagement toolkits, blog, email marketing).
- Managing relationships with relevant media outlets worldwide to promote news, events, and activities, and responding to media inquiries and interview requests.
- Strengthening networks and communities of valued IHF and Geneva Sustainability Centre contacts to maintain and build on engagement in target sectors (e.g., young executive leaders).
This is a hands-on ‘doing’ role: the post holder may be asked to undertake other reasonable duties in addition to those listed in this job description.
- Hold a university degree in a relevant subject and have 3–5 years’ experience in a similar position and organization, including a successful track record of delivering successful marketing and communications projects.
- Have relevant experience in a healthcare-related organization, or good knowledge of health delivery related issues.
- Be a skilled communicator with an ability to confidently engage with a range of stakeholders, at all organizational levels, from across different international settings.
- Be a native or bilingual English speaker with excellent oral and writing skills (the operating language of the IHF is English) and with a mastery of crafting compelling messages for a global, professional audience.
- Have demonstrated success in managing multiple marketing, communications, and engagement plans and deliverables from start to finish, to tight deadlines.
- Have familiarity or experience working with software for websites, CRMs, and social media management as well as cloud storage (i.e., WordPress, Nutshell, Canva, Hootsuite, Google Analytics).
- Hold an excellent command of Microsoft Office 365 suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
- Be able to work remotely, blending in-person and virtual approaches as required.
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
- Knowledge of sustainability, climate change, or the net zero agenda.
Prospective candidates will need to demonstrate these competencies in an assessment and at interview.
What the IHF offers
- Working for the International Hospital Federation presents an opportunity to join a small but dynamic team, working in the vibrant international Geneva NGO ecosystem.
- This position offers an excellent opportunity to build experience in the global healthcare and sustainability environment, and to meet health leaders across the world.
- Flexible working is available to IHF staff: arrangements to work from home are possible, but you should be able to come to Geneva on a regular basis.
- We offer a permanent contract (full-time position on a 42 hours a week basis) with a competitive local salary (based on the salary table of the Canton of Geneva for public services).
Applying for the role
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2022 with the subject ‘IHF Communications and Marketing Manager’, enclosing:
- a cover letter in English describing your motivations and relevant experience for this position (maximum of two pages);
- a concise CV.
The IHF is committed to fostering an organizational culture which values respect, teamwork, and excellence, and to building a working environment in which all staff are empowered and respected. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required, irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability, or sexual orientation.