International AIDS Society
About the IAS:
IAS – the International AIDS Society – convenes, educates and advocates for a world in which HIV no longer presents a threat to public health and individual well-being. After the emergence of HIV and AIDS, concerned scientists created the IAS to bring together experts from across the world and disciplines to promote a concerted HIV response. Today, the IAS and its members unite scientists, policy makers and activists to galvanize the scientific response, build global solidarity and enhance human dignity for all those living with and affected by HIV. The IAS is also the steward of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Digital Project Manager will be based in Geneva, Switzerland, and the IAS offers the possibility for Swiss-based employees to work up to 50% from their legal residence. This is a full-time and open-ended position, part of the Finance and Operations department, to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The Digital Project Manager will manage projects with digital components involving various departments and stakeholders across the IAS, with an initial focus on client-facing platforms including virtual/hybrid conferencing and content management and engagement. To do so, the incumbent will analyze business needs, translate these into technical requirements, and coordinate the implementation of digital solutions across various teams within the IAS. These include teams that provide content through virtual, in-person and hybrid convenings or learning programmes of varying types and scope, as well as the ICT and Communications departments. As such, the incumbent will operate at the nexus between technical staff (and suppliers) and those who develop content and engage with the IAS’s stakeholders.
Additionally, the incumbent will stay abreast of the ever-changing digital landscape and spot innovations that may serve the IAS, ensuring a seamless digital experience for the IAS’s stakeholders from across the worlds of HIV/AIDS science, policy and activism.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of IAS virtual convening platforms, including online programme, streaming and on-demand content, by:
- Identifying overall needs in coordination with relevant departments, assessing available technical and human resources, and drafting requests for proposals (RfP) from suppliers.
- Developing a project plan and managing implementation across the various IAS teams, proactively adjusting deliverables as needed to ensure timely completion.
- Ensuring proper data management, coherence and consistency across different systems.
- Develop, lead and organize user acceptance test processes in coordination with ICT, providers and various departments.
- Coordinate and manage any new digital projects, including needs assessment, requirements and specifications, supplier identification and implementation of the system.
- Ensure efficient workflow across teams to feed the various platforms.
- Create project workplans, schedules and budgets and keep the respective teams informed of major milestones and deadlines.
- Generate innovative digital solutions for e-conferencing, content management and other IAS activities of convening, educating and advocating.
- Produce statistics and analytics.
- A degree in IT, innovation, business analysis or related field.
- A project management certification would be an asset (Agile).
- Advanced degree in business, technology, or engineering is a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with implementation of digital systems and tools.
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience with in-person, virtual and hybrid conferences would be an asset.
- Although not essential for this position, the IAS acknowledges the value of the experience of living with HIV and will consider this when evaluating applications.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and open-minded, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough computer skills in the Microsoft environment (Dynamics 365 CRM an advantage).
- Technical savvy and ability to conceive digital systems to meet defined needs.
- Ability to coordinate different project stakeholders to deliver on time, within scope and on budget.
- Highly organized and systematic, and self-motivated with ability to handle multiple high priority demands.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is an asset.
The IAS Secretariat in Geneva is a dynamic and diverse workplace that brings together public health, HIV science, conferencing, programme management and other specialists who all share the IAS’s vision of a world in which HIV no longer presents a threat to public health and individual well-being. We thrive on an exceptional team spirit, put trust in our colleagues’ professionalism, and value new ideas. The IAS promotes a flexible and collaborative workplace which encourages employees to grow their skills and competencies.
The IAS is committed to ensuring a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of our work. To help us achieve this, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates who share the IAS values (learn more here), regardless of their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV status, race, national origin, cultural or ethnic background, disability, religion, or age.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit to work full-time will be considered. Candidates shall mention on their CV their work authorization in Switzerland.