Title: Human Resources Manager
Contract type: Employee, full time
Contract duration: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 17th April 2023
About the NCD Alliance
The NCD Alliance (NCDA) is a registered non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to supporting a world free from preventable suffering, disability and death caused by noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). Founded in 2009, NCDA brings together a unique network of 380 members in more than 80 countries, including a network of 66 national and regional NCD alliances, into a respected, united and credible global civil society movement. As an alliance, we unite and combine the efforts of our global founding federations, members and partners on issues which together we can achieve more than any individual organisation can alone. The movement is unified by the cross-cutting nature of common risk factors including unhealthy diets, harmful use of alcohol, tobacco use, air pollution and physical inactivity, and systems challenges which contribute to chronic NCDs such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes, mental health conditions and neurological disorders.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our forward thinking, committed and dynamic team of 25 staff located across different locations (Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Spain and Nigeria). The HR Manager will be part of the Operations team which includes 4 staff members, and the Manager will report to the Head of Operations.
The HR Manager will be responsible for managing day-to-day HR operations. By developing, strengthening and implementing our HR strategy and processes, the HR Manager will help NCDA to function effectively and efficiently, ensuring we have appropriate structures, policies and systems in place, an organisational culture that embraces our values, and engaged and motivated employees with the skills and resources to deliver our strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Develop and implement our HR strategy and related policies and processes.
- Maintain all personnel files, policies and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation to staff.
- Maintain all HR policies, systems and processes, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations in the UK, Switzerland and USA, and alignment with best practice from the NGO sector.
- Manage day-to-day employee relations and HR administration, ensuring staff welfare and wellbeing.
- Provide effective support to the CEO, Senior Management and Managers to grow and retain a team with the rights skills to deliver NCDA’s goals and develop HR initiatives for staff training and professional development.
- Develop and manage recruitment processes and practices, as well as induction processes for new staff.
- Maintain the staff regulations handbook, ensuring it reflects good practice from across the sector and geographies we are situated.
- Coordinate NCDA’s performance management system, including annual appraisals and salary review processes.
- Act as back-up for payroll processing.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- HR qualification.
- Experience in a Senior HR role, for example, Senior Human Resource Adviser / Business Partner.
- Experience of working in International Human Resources.
- Experience of managing recruitment campaigns.
- Experienced at managing and introducing HR Administration and Processes.
- Switzerland employment legislation and some understanding of UK employment law.
- Experience of managing employee relations cases.
- Supporting Development of HR Policies.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Project Management.
- Collaborates to achieve activities and projects.
- Ability to influence others to achieve the outcome.
- Ability to explain complex HR messages in a simple and clear way.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrates empathy.
- Creative in finding solutions.
- Commitment to values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Passion for creating an inclusive environment.
- Fluent in English (working language) and French.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience working in a NGO.
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Ability to be strategic and present a clear vision.
Swiss or EU national with right to work in Switzerland.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority at the NCD Alliance. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone.
How to apply
To apply, please fill in the form available via this link and attach a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and Curriculum.
Closing date for applications: 17th April 2023
We regret that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.