The Gold Standard Foundation
General Terms of Reference
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Gold Standard now has a broad NGO Supporter Network and 1400+ projects in over 80 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
The Gold Standard Foundation seeks a contractor for a (6-month duration) for an immediate start to work on an important HR Project.
Working with the HR team, the successful consultant will be accountable and responsible for developing and implementing HR Policies and related procedures, which will be updated in the staff handbook.
Primary Responsibilities – Development
- Review existing HR Policies and procedures identify necessary changes, in compliance with best practice and relevant employment legislations.
- Undertake research on best practice in HR management, including exploring practices NGO organizations and prepare recommendations accordingly.
- Support the wider operations team with developing organisational policies and liaise with the relevant stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of topics relating HR policy development, coordination and harmonization, and compensation and benefits information.
- Reflect all changes in the employee handbook, which will be final output of the project.
- Provide advice on application, and where necessary interpretation, of related HR policies and procedures, taking into account past practice and precedents and, if necessary, case law. Promote consistent application of HR policies
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned and in particular, assisting on HR projects, as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 + years of relevant HR experience, preferably in employment law, governance, HR compliance, compensation and benefits.
- A demonstrated ability to complete activities where there is a high degree of attention to detail, analysis and the meeting of short deadlines;
- Experience drafting documents is required.
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information requiring diplomacy and tact;
- Experience working within an environment that has multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English is required
- A passion for employee experience and people operations is a must.
- Proven experience in project management or HR projects would be desirable.
The salary for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications for this role will close on 10th May 2023 . We regret that we cannot confirm receipt of your application by email. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV to email@example.com.