Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
6 to 12 months
Internships at MSF are part of an intra- or extra-academic course, or according to federal professional integration measures lien Etat de Genève : engager un-e stagiaire. A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory.
Context & Mission
For 50 years, MSF has been providing medical assistance to populations facing life-threatening crises: mainly armed conflicts, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. All these situations require appropriate medical and logistical resources.
The L&D Unit Intern provides organizational, administrative and communication support to the unit. The Intern will learn and support the team in the organisation and the deployment of learning activities. In addition to the recurrent tasks, the Intern will lead specific dossiers or projects notably related to communication during the period of employment.
The Intern function can be part of an academic course (‘cursus intra-ou extra academique’) or a federal program on professional integration. For this reason, placements as Intern require a 3-party convention with the academic institute concerned.
Tasks and responsibilities
Organisational & administrative support (60% of the time)
The intern will learn office processes through supporting the current administration team in the following tasks. The person will have the opportunity to contribute to improvements in administrative ways of working in a dynamic, internationally dispersed unit comprising of around 40 people.
- Supports the unit in the organization of meetings (i.e. the different weekly meeting or specific pillar meeting) including the preparation of agendas, taking minutes, the archiving of meeting documentation and follow up.
- Supports the preparation of documents and Presentations for either internal or external use.
- Provides support to the team to edit and follow up of contracts (team and providers), forms (IT, recruitment forms, etc.) and partnership agreements
- Provide support in the organization of recruitment & Administrative HR follow-up
- Ensures the updating of the international staff tracking table (HR Update) in the HR Database (D635)
- Organizes briefings/debriefings and onboarding
- Follows up on other specific HR procedures as needed
- Learn and support teams in the organisation and deployment of learning actions such as virtual classes support or face to face
- Provides support material ordering (specific, pedagogical or generic such as stationary)
Support internal & external unit communication (30% of the time)
- Supports the unit in the management of information, is the focal point for the online knowledge management platforms such as Kompas and Share Point and manages the key tools for the organization of the unit
- Learn to support, maintain and develop the different online communication tools and channels (i.e. Learning offer, activity report, newsletters)
- Update and maintain tags and search bar to improve learners’ access to the different training offerings.
- Edit and update specific communication tools
- Propose and implement specific communication actions
Intern’s learning (10% of the time)
As the internship is a part of university programme, 10% of the intern’s time should be dedicated to his/her learning and development. This time will allow the intern to complete any university assignments.
- Have a tripartite internship agreement
- Degree in communication, Humanitarian or Development Studies, Social Studies, Organisation’s Management, or other relevant degree.
- Fluent English and French (written and spoken).
- No specific requirements in terms of work experience but having has some form of employment in the past is considered an advantage.
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian / development / charity work or volunteering” is an advantage
- Capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Planning and organization;
- Excellent knowledge of the MO environment (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of graphic editing tools (Canva)
- Knowledge of digital communication tools (MS Teams, Zoom)
Terms of employment
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 to 12 months, according to internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date: August/September 2023
- Gross monthly remuneration 2'000.- CHF
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications July 9th, 2023.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.