BACKGROUND ON IMPACT
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for a Financial Control Intern to support our team in Geneva.
- Position: Finance Control Intern
- Department: Finance
- Contract duration: 6 months
- Location: Geneva
- Remuneration: 1,450 CHF gross per month
- Starting Date: ASAP
The Financial Control Intern will support the team in the financial follow-up of all ongoing projects.
- Budget follow-up / Staff Allocation Tables:
- Drafting of project financial sheets for validation. Financial sheets are the translation of the budget of
- projects in the IMPACT template, and serve as the basis for budget follow up tools.
- Analysis and review of the budget follow-up tool for ongoing projects together with IMPACT country
- focal point and any concerned staff
- Ensure proper allocations of all IMPACT costs in BFUs, in alignment with the Allocation Tables planned
- with IMPACT country focal points
- Provision of advice to IMPACT country focal point of any financial matter as needed
2. Financial reports:
- Preparation of financial reports of ongoing projects as per donor deadlines and requirements
- Responsible for updating the follow up files, as well as the dashboard
- Other ad hoc missions and analysis to support the Financial Control Officer or the Head of Finance
- Studies in Finance / Audit / Accounting / Statistics or equivalent (Level Master 1 minimum)
- Fluent in French and English;
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Organized person, with attention to detail and rigor;
- Interest in the humanitarian field;
- Perfect knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel