Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent, international medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to people in need, people affected by natural or man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without regard to race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSFCH association was founded in 1981. The members of this association are people working or having worked for MSFCH during a minimum 6 months. They contribute to MSF evolution and governance through their participation in debates, their vote and by explaining what MSF does. The members of the Association have the capacity to lobby and advocate in the missions and in Switzerland. The Association is a relay to promote a better understanding of MSF social mission. The Association has currently more than 1000 members, from which more than 1/3 are located in Switzerland or its vicinity (principally neighbouring France) on which the Associative Network Officer focuses on engaging with.
As an HR Marketing Officer (50%) the mission is to develop & implement HR marketing activities with a specific focus on Switzerland to support OCG sourcing efforts. Production and diffusion of communication about inclusive and qualitative recruitment of international staff on the MSFCH website, on MSF social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram), on recruitment platforms, in forums and congresses, through partnerships and networking.
As an Associative Network Officer (30%) the mission is to enable an inclusive and participatory membership and further develop an associative dynamic in Switzerland that contributes to raising awareness in Swiss societies of medical humanitarian challenges and the needs of vulnerable populations, and to fulfilling MSF’s social mission.
HR Marketing Officer (50%)
- In collaboration with field recruitment team, identifies and mobilizes appropriate recruitment sources for needed field profiles (higher level educational institutions, professional associations, recruitment platforms, social media channels, medical congresses etc.)
- Boosts MSF employer communication activities (videos, presentations, etc.) for field recruitment purposes
- Delivers face-to-face and/or online information sessions to potential candidates on a regular basis, for general population and for specific profiles - analyzes satisfaction surveys to improve future sessions -
- With the team, coordinates the attendance of recruiters, associative members, technical referents and/or expatriates to HR Marketing events (forums, presentations, information sessions, etc.)
- Ensures that the HR communication done towards potential candidates is up to standard (institutional messages, MSF image, figures, etc.).
- Participates in creating synergies, such as ensuring coordination with the Communication & Fundraising department and MSF association & partners for joint projects
- Provides input for the annual field recruitment reporting & annual planning
- Develops and fosters the use of social media and other online communication tools for field recruitment
- Ensures the regular contact with returning international staff to share information about HR Marketing events and need for potential support
- Participates to the internal communication of recruitment activities
- Participates in HR meetings when relevant to activities
- Ensures the back-up of the Field HR Assistant (Geneva)
- Frequent travels within Switzerland (including regular visits to Geneva office if not based in Geneva)
Associative Network Officer (30%)
- Developing the feeling of ownership/belonging to MSF while stimulating engagement and encouraging participation of the associative membership
- Rooting MSF social mission in home society in collaboration with the executive
- Rolling out MSFCH engagement strategy:
- Engage with returning international staff residing in Switzerland and its vicinity to activate engagement & participation in the associative life:
- Regular communication with members/MSFers reflecting relevant current MSF topics - through newsletters or other defined channels
- Create spaces for debate/mobilization on key topics of importance to the association (ex: MSF We Want to Be, Planetary Health, Safe Abortion Care (SAC), association dynamics, etc.)
- Develop synergies with the different MSFCH/OCG executive departments to allow MSFers from targeted regions to take part in debates and support other MSF activities
- Provide statistics and overall analysis on the organized event yearly
- Conducts associative briefings/debriefings to returning first-mission expatriates to give awareness and understanding of MSF association
- Participate in developing and updating the expat-list
- Further develop and strengthen our associative links with different institutions in Switzerland together with the Swiss representative based in Zürich
- Participate and provide support to MSFCH General Assembly and Board meeting organisation
- Communication, social science, HR or similar background
- Minimum 2 years professional experience
- At least 2 years MSF experience
- MSF field experience is an asset
- Social engagement and community mobilisation
- Event management experience
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Good management of social media and communication tools
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- IT knowledge (Office Package)
- Oral and written mastering of French & English
- German is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy
- Strong interest for the associative work and willingness to work in a network
- High level of autonomy with a sense of responsibility, team spirit
- Strong sense of organization, detail, and solution oriented & aptitude for taking initiatives
- Dynamic and creative
- Flexibility (regular travel within Switzerland)
Terms of Employment
- Part-time position 80% (32h/week)
- Fixed-term position, 7 months (15.11.2023-20.06.2024)
- Working place: Geneva or Zurich (with regular travels to Geneva/Zurich and other destinations in Switzerland)
- Start date: November 15th, 2023
- Gross monthly salary (80%): from CHF 5’767,20 to CHF 6’640,80 (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
- Paid vacation: 25 days per year, prorate temporis, plus any Swiss public holidays falling within the contract period.
- Pension plan: pension contribution covered 3/4 by MSF, 1/4 by staff member
- Relocation package if moving from a different country to Switzerland.
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is August 13th, 2023.
We reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only applications submitted on our recruitment platforms will be considered.
Please note that we do not wish to use the services of recruitment or placement agencies.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.