PERMANENT DELEGATION OF THE PACIFIC ISLANDS FORUM
The Permanent Delegation of the Pacific Islands Forum to the UN, WTO and other international organisations in Geneva is seeking to fill a position of Administrative Assistant to provide overall secretarial, administrative, and personal assistant functions to the Permanent Representative (PR) and staff members (3). As needed, the position will be required to provide support to technical experts on assignments, interns and visiting delegations.
This is a 3 year fixed term contract with a possibility of renewal.
Profile, Skills and Abilities
- Commercial or Administration Diploma
- Fluent in English and French spoken and written
- Good knowledge of standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of basic accounting/book-keeping
- Good knowledge of local Swiss and Geneva administrative and legal requirements
- Minimum 5/7 years of relevant professional work experience in a similar position including diplomatic protocols and procedures with the Swiss Mission, foreign embassies and international organisations based in Geneva
- Good organizational skills to fulfill tasks adequately, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexible, sense of initiative and ownership, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Reliable, show strong attention to detail and a focus on quality
- Good team spirit with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities shall include:
- Provide overall secretarial and personal assistant functions to the PR, staff, technical experts on assignments and visiting delegations from the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) and Forum Islands Members;
- Maintain Geneva Office calendar of events including calendar planning for relevant World Trade Organisation (WTO) meetings, meetings of trade-related and relevant United Nations (UN) institutions, Geneva-based Pacific permanent missions, meetings of the Africa Caribbean Pacific (ACP) Group, the Small Vulnerable Economies (SVE) Group, the Least Developed Countries (LDC) Group and relevant trade-related meetings of international organisations including WTO-related meetings of the ACP in Brussels and the Commonwealth Secretariat in London as well as the OACPS Committee of Ambassadors Meetings in Brussels.
- Communication with Permanent Missions of the Pacific States in Geneva, Brussels and London that work on WTO and UN issues, other Missions that work closely with the PIF Geneva Office and the host Government as required and maintain an updated list of contacts.
- Provide administration of the financial and book-keeping services of the PIF Geneva Office including payment of rent and bills and the preparation and submission of the monthly financial reports to PIFS.
- Maintain an updated PIF-Geneva Office asset register, ensure Office furniture and equipment are kept in a safe environment and maintain proper filing systems on office administration and financial issues as well as staff sick leave, annual leave and home leave.
- Translate documents most often from French to English
- Provide assistance for the arrival of Pacific interns including in securing accommodation, local transport arrangements and in providing general information on living in Geneva.
- Maintain close and good relations with the Commonwealth Small States Office (CSSO) in the upkeep of office and shared facilities
- Provide any other support tasks as may be required by the PR and staff of the PIF-Geneva Office.