UNI Global Union
UNI Global Union is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for the administration and operational aspects of the implementation of a USAID-funded multi-country project. In collaboration with the Project Director, they will develop the necessary systems, procedures, and tools for reliable and timely overall project management and coordination by ensuring a fruitful collaboration between global and local partners as well as between team members.
The Project Manager will be part of a team implementing a USAID-funded multi-country project that is building a cohort of empowered and strong workers’ organizations that advocate for gender equality, improved pay and working conditions, and safe workplaces free from stigma, harassment, and violence.
As Project Manager, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide guidance, strategic support, and quality control on all administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Manage and guide, under the supervision of the Projects Director, the day-to-day activities of the project with an emphasis on financial oversight, project performance, contractual compliance, management of sub-contracting arrangements, and overall administrative program operations.
- Prepare budgets, get approval for, and monitor spending, and prepare financial reports in collaboration with the Projects Director and the Finance team.
- Support field levels and local partners so that project activities are implemented with high standards, including assigning, or supplementing appropriate staff, equipment, or infrastructure to an existing office.
- Develop and negotiate, with the project staff, Terms of Reference (TOR) or Statements of Work (SOW) and convert TORs/SOWs into contract arrangements.
- Lead the monitoring of and ensure compliance with US government (USG) contractual requirements, USAID’s and UNI’s policies and regulations for procurement, completion of contractual deliverables, and other areas: monitor concerns and address staff's questions regarding contracts and client compliance and advise and take corrective action on these items.
- Minimize risks throughout operations at UNI Head Office and in the countries as required by the project.
- Train the SCORE and project team on USG procedures and policies to achieve project and organizational goals.
- Support project decision makers to ensure that the project stays within the established scope and budgetary parameters, in regular consultation with the Project Director and the headquarters team.
- Support staff regarding performance of project activities, including USG project administrative procedures, office operations and activities.
- Ensure that all project documents are archived, including for contracts and agreements, and other project documentation, all published materials, and deliverables are filed and saved as required.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) contractors and specialists as part of the project.
- Participate in and perform other duties as required.
Experience & Competencies
- Master or at least bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Business Management, Finance, or a related field.
- At least 8-10 years in project management, including personnel management.
- High proficiency with USAID regulations, procedures, policies, and contracting requirements. Direct experience managing the implementation of USAID and US government cooperative agreements essential, 3-5 years.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to plan and coordinate project operations, including administrative and support services with attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience on gender equality, especially GBV, is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working with labor unions and workers’ organizations are an advantage.
- Prior experience working in multiple country settings is desirable.
- Effective writing, editorial, and communication skills.
- Excellent command of English. Proficiency in other languages desirable.
- High degree of knowledge and experience with use of desktop computers and laptops with word processing and spreadsheet software applications (MS Word; MS Excel), use of mobile phone technology, and common office equipment technology required.
- The ability to adapt and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to respond to unexpected events effectively and efficiently.
- Flexibility and frequent travel.
- A strong personal commitment to the mission and goals of UNI Global Union, and a strong sense of honesty and integrity.
- The ability to adapt and resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal direct supervision to bring projects to completion; skillfully gather and analyze information to understand problems and issues as they arise.
- The capability to addresses problems in accordance with priorities, policies, commitments, and program goals.
- Be able to learn systematically from problems and adjust processes to minimize repetition of issues.
- The ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with teams and build consensus with individuals at all levels and secure completion of activities and outputs with high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Solid leadership skills, including partnership skills, ability to collaborate effectively with other team members and with external partners in multi-cultural settings to initiate and implement project activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Excellent benefits and terms as part of a collective agreement.
- A competitive salary, Grade E (Monthly gross salary between CHF 9’700 and CHF 13’000 per month, according to experience and qualifications), payable in thirteen instalments
- Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home.
- Excellent Pension scheme and healthcare insurance benefit.
UNI is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women, those with a BIPOC background, the LGBTI community and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
How to apply
If you recognize yourself in the profile sought and if you share the values of our organization, we invite you to apply for this position on https://www.jobup.ch/fr/emplois/detail/f0d6cdbe-e664-4004-a247-c551efa7b0df/