The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) works to promote and protect human rights through collaboration and cooperation among human rights organisations and defenders in Asia and beyond. FORUM-ASIA is a network of 85 members in 23 countries across Asia.
FORUM-ASIA’s UN Advocacy Programme aims to increase the impact and effectiveness of advocacy actions by Asian NGOs and defenders in the use of UN human rights mechanisms, in order to make Asian States more accountable to their human rights obligations.
|General Tasks and Activities of Internship:
· Monitor developments at the international human rights bodies;
· Research particular topics and/or conduct mapping of issues related to international affairs and human rights;
· Assist in programme work/ basic documentation/compilation/administrative work and;
· Assist in organising or preparing for campaigns or events.
|Specific Tasks under the UNA Programme:
· Monitor and document developments relating to human rights situations and issues at the UN Human Rights Council;
· Assist in the drafting of interventions, policy briefs and other advocacy material;
· Assist in organising activities and events during the sessions of the UN Human Rights Council;
· Any other tasks according to personal capacity and programme needs.
|Key Expected Documentary Outputs:
· Draft articles/notes and text for FORUM-ASIA's bulletin on UN Human Rights Council;
· Draft compilation data input into FORUM-ASIA's research initiatives and other activities;
· Documentation relating to FORUM-ASIA's activities and thematic priorities relating to the UN Human Rights Council and other mechanisms.