City Cancer Challenge Foundation
Location: Remote, 6-month consultancy, starting 1 September
About City Cancer Challenge
City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world as they work to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
The approach is built on the core principle that cities can drive impact at national level by
crafting data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional, and local
partners that reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was established as a standalone Swiss Foundation in January 2019, and is now active in 11 cities around the world.
Summary of Position
C/Can is embarking on a major project to implement an organisational wide project
management platform for quality assurance in the planning, execution of monitoring and
evaluation of global and city projects.
The specific benefits identified with this project are:
- A platform will facilitate information flow internally between functions
- Allow a transparent overview of all projects
- Improved planning and scheduling for all ongoing projects within the organisation
- Support longer term planning for projects
- The platform will become the single repository of project and MEL information
- Allow better collaboration and exchange of information between team members
- Enhance productivity and capture institutional knowledge.
- Thoroughly understand the operational processes within C/Can to be able to review the currently available project data and translate it into usable data for the PM Tool developers.
- Collaborate with the C/Can team in the co-design of the database architecture to
ensure the Project Management platform meets the needs of the current processes and provides the information required by the different teams across the organisation.
- Act as the primary liaison person between the C/Can Project Management Taskforce and the designated focal point of the project management IT-platform developer.
- Ensure the needs and requirements documented are tracked and implemented by the IT-platform developer.
- Develop and execute a project plan that includes a timeline with milestones and KPIs.
- Develop a training curriculum for effective roll-out across C/Can and change
- Plan and execute a Data Migration plan that ensures high-quality data and reliable
reporting once the system is live.
- Present regular updates to the project’s Project Taskforce group to make decisions, approve changes and share updates on costs, timeline and progress.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Project Management activities with proven experience implementing similar projects.
- Detail oriented, with structured, organised, methodical planning skills.
- Experience working with IT-platforms including Salesforce.
- Outstanding communications skills with experience in translating and presenting
complex IT-related topics to non-technical audiences.
- Track record of developing and implementing training for platform roll-out.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Capacity to travel.
- Certified in Project Management and track record in Change Management at the
- Good knowledge of international organisations’ information management processes.
- Intermediate knowledge of Spanish.
How to apply
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure that all documents are sent as PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “Consultant in Project Management Systems” in the email subject line. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is identified.