Civitas Maxima (CM) coordinates a network of national and international lawyers and investigators who work for the interest of victims of international crimes. It operates in situations where no legal action to bring the perpetrators to justice has been successful and works in close partnership with the Global Justice and Research Project (GJRP) based in Monrovia. CM represents victims of war crimes and crimes against humanity from various countries, including Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast. CM was registered in September 2012 as an association in Geneva, Switzerland, and is recognized by the Swiss authorities as a not-for-profit organization. CM is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information: www.civitas-maxima.org
Position: Legal Researcher
Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
Expected duration: 6 months
Deadline for application: September 29, 2023
Background and scope of the assignment:
The scope and focus of the assignment are to conduct legal research and analysis, and to provide legal expertise on cases assigned.
Consultant selection criteria:
- Master’s degree or equivalent advanced university degree in law with a specialization in International Criminal Law, Human Rights Law, or similar;
- Working Experience of at least three (3) years within international organizations, research institutes, or other relevant organizations;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the work of the Civitas Maxima;
- Excellent research writing and editing skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French;
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure;
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others;
- Admission to the Geneva Bar is an asset;
- Knowledge of and experience related to Africa, including Cameroon is an asset.
Please submit to email@example.com by September 29, 2023, with the subject line Legal Researcher:
- a Cover letter and a CV in English
- the names and contact details of two references.