Dominicans for Justice and Peace
Location: 37/39 rue de Vermont, 1211 Geneva 20, with possibility of part time home office
This is a paid position.
The Project Officer supports the Programme Coordinator in designing and implementing country-specific projects, as well as in managing the Organisation's day-to-day operations.
ABOUT DOMINICANS FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE
Dominicans for Justice and Peace is a non-profit, faith-based NGO that represents the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) at the United Nations. The Organisation is committed to promoting justice and peace worldwide, as well as to protecting and promoting human rights for all. Through its advocacy, training, and academic programmes, Dominicans for Justice and Peace collaborates with members of the Dominican Family and other civil society partners worldwide to encourage them and enhance their capacity to advocate for human rights at both local and international levels.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Officer will:
- support the implementation of a project on climate change and human rights in the Philippines, with a specific emphasis on collaborating in drafting a handbook for teachers of primary / secondary schools
- design and execute human rights advocacy actions at the United Nations in the context of country-specific projects
- design and implement human rights trainings customised for civil society actors in different countries
- represent the Organisation in thematic NGO working groups
- help in the drafting of the Annual Report
- support fundraising efforts developed by the Project Manager
- assist in the development and implementation of the Organisation’s communication strategy (website, newsletters, social media, etc).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expertise in human rights and good knowledge of climate change and human rights and their intersectionality
- Ability to effectively translate concepts related to climate change and human rights into accessible and educational materials suitable for teachers
- Working experience in human rights advocacy and training
- Knowledge of the UN human rights mechanisms
- Desired minimum level of study: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English as well as good skills in French and/or Spanish
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent ability to interact and work with various stakeholders from diverse cultures (diplomats, members of catholic orders, NGOs, etc.)
- Proficient in using collaboration tools such as Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, and open-minded
- Strong sense of responsibility and flexible
- Ability to work independently.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for the position should be sent (by email only) to Ms Laurence Blattmer at email@example.com. Please mention in the subject of the message “Project Officer job advertisement”. Please send:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A 1-page covering letter (in English) motivating your application
- Confirmation of a Swiss work permit or Swiss citizenship.