Médecins Sans Frontières Switzerland
Mission and context
The IT Project Manager establishes and implements project management processes for the IT team to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet the internal customer expectations to his/her full satisfaction.
Projects or sub-projects that are assigned to the IT Project Manager can be implementation of business applications, technical upgrades (infrastructure) or transformational/organizational projects.
The IT Project Manager will work closely with the medical department and our missions in the field.
Deliver projects according to quality criteria defined (Functional coverage, budget, time, …).
Ensure availability and quality level of running application under his portfolio
Description of main activities:
- Manage IT projects through the entire cycle.
- Report to and align with the project steering committee and project sponsor.
- Have a full understanding of the business requirements, project stakes, benefits, constraints, interdependencies.
- Coordinate communication with all areas and stakeholders of the organization impacted by the project.
- Define project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, performing quality review. Escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Lead or participate in the analysis, the selection and the design of the solutions.
- Coordinate the sourcing (RFI, RFP, contracting and transition) and lead the selection of the best service provider.
- Ensure coherence and good cooperation within the project team.
- Manage Application Lifecycle
- Analyze and prioritize bug fixing and improvement. Organize releases of applications
- Liaise with the infrastructure and operations teams for the implementation and the commissioning of solutions and decommissioning of legacies.
- Ensure full compliance with the PMO methodology, tools and standards. Actively propose improvements.
- Deliver project documentation and formal reporting.
- Technically support users by providing analysis and solution to incident raised
- Master’s degree in computer sciences, information systems, engineering, or related field
- ITIL Fundations
- Optional project management certification (PMP, PMI, Hermès, …)
- Experience as IT project manager and leading transversal projects
- Experience with integration and development projects (ERP, business solutions, …)
- Experience with multiple technologies in various functions (developer, technical lead, project manager).
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Fluent in French and English
- Open mind
- Think Big and Far
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Excellent overall understanding of IT matter (architecture, tailor-made and off-the-shelf business and IT solutions, IT organization, IT infrastructure, technologies)
- Good overall understanding of medical matter
- DHIS2 installation, configuration, parametrization, development.
- Capacity to lead project team members and convince senior management stakeholders in a matrix organization.
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- 1-year fixed-term contract
- Working place: Geneva
- Ideal start date: November 1st, 2022
- Gross annual salary: from CHF 99’192.- to CHF 113’072.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is October 16, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.