Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
This internship is part of an academic training program, a professional training program or a socio-professional integration program, and must meet the conditions set by the Conseil de surveillance du marché de l'emploi (CSME).
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent, international medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to people in need, people affected by natural or man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without regard to race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter). Under the guidance of the Head of Projects and Applications in the IT department, this internship aims to provide a valuable learning experience within the Medical Information System team, focusing on DHIS2 application enhancements.
Role and Learning Opportunities
The following internship objectives will be pursued:
- Comprehensive Understanding of Activities, Requirements, and Customers:
- Collaborate closely with the application manager and project manager to gain insight into their activities, requirements, and client interactions.
- Develop a thorough comprehension of the nuances associated with their roles.
- Contribution to Initiative and Improvement Deliverables:
- Assist in the development and delivery of all defined deliverables for each initiative or improvement request.
- Contribute actively to the successful completion of project milestones.
- Ensuring Referential Consistency and Proposing Change Requests:
- Play a role in maintaining the consistency of the referential framework.
- Propose change requests as necessary to enhance the effectiveness of the systems.
- Collaboration with IT Infrastructure and Operations Team:
- Establish connections with the IT infrastructure and operations team to gain a holistic understanding of processes.
- Learn to coordinate efforts across different functional areas to support organizational objectives.
- Communication Coordination with Stakeholders:
- Coordinate communication with various organizational areas and stakeholders impacted by activities.
- Develop effective communication strategies to ensure a seamless flow of information.
- Assistance in Documentation and Formal Reporting:
- Play a role in the preparation and delivery of documentation and formal reports.
- Acquire skills in crafting professional reports that adhere to standards.
By achieving these objectives, the intern will not only contribute to the improvement of the DHIS2 application but also gain valuable insights and hands-on experience in diverse aspects of project management, communication, and IT operations within the context of a humanitarian organization.
- Possess a valid tripartite internship agreement.
- Hold or be currently pursuing a tertiary degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Showcase expertise in database management, business intelligence, and a robust understanding of Information System organization
- Knowledge on collection and analysis of medical data (DHIS2), a plus
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of functional matters (medical, NGO field operation), a plus
- Practical experience in development and project management gained during academic studies.
- Have a diverse knowledge base in various project management methods
- Fluent in French with a comfortable command of English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit proficiency in teamwork
- Display autonomy, exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, proactiveness, and a strong ability to collaborate within a team
- Committed to MSF values
Terms of the internship
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 to 12 months, the internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date : March 2024
- Gross monthly remuneration CHF 2'000.-
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications March 3rd, 2024.
We reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only applications submitted on our recruitment platforms will be considered.
Please note that we do not wish to use the services of recruitment or placement agencies.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.