Médecins Sans Fontières Suisse
Context & Mission
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva is responsible for medical assistance programmes in 24 countries.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Is part of the management team of the Logistics Department (LMT) consisting of each of the Heads of Units and the Logistics Director
- Coordinates and supervises the logistical support of 6 operational cells, is responsible for the feasibility and consistency of techniques and supply with the operational choices of the missions
- As a multi-skilled logistics manager, he/she is responsible for monitoring the recruitment policy and the follow-up of logistics careers, in direct collaboration with the Logistics pool manager and the Logistics recruiter. He/she facilitates placement (matching) on assignments
- Actively contributes to the definition and implementation of the logistics department's action plan.
- Defines and implements departmental policies and manages the annual budget of his unit as well as any other budget he/she has the responsibility.
- Provide proactive support in the elaboration of action plans and bi-annual budgets to the members of his/her unit (cf. framework note, logistical support to the budget (SlaB), logistical fundamentals)
- Represents the Logistics Department in the different operational platforms of the OCG (Operations meeting, FOROP, Copro, etc.)
- Provides direct operational support to the cell and the emergency unit, depending on the nature of the request and the needs.
- Actively participates with his/her counterparts in the other sections in the effort of mutualisation and coherence and represents the OCG within the platform of the operational logistics managers. He/she maintains close relations with MSF Logistics as well as with partner sections or external institutions.
- Is part of the Steering Committee of the Air Operations Cell and as such is the OCG focal point for the AirOps and vis-à-vis the OCG Operations Department.
- Is the Logistics focal point for Operations in the management of applied safety and security, in direct collaboration with the OCG Safety Officer.
- Participates in various working groups or is part of various OCG or internal and/or international Steering Committees depending on the issues at hand.
- Participates in the development and implementation of multi-purpose logistics training content (ex: LOT)
- As the sponsor of field equipment management tools, promotes the implementation, and use of Track My Stuff (TMS)
- In collaboration with the technical referents, supervises the agenda of the Regional Technical Supports (RTS) and arbitrates deployments
- Is committed to the associative life of MSF and preserves its principles
- Tertiary degree related to logistics activities or equivalent experience
- Experience as logistics manager of an MSF operational unit
- Experience as MSF field logistics coordinator, including at least two emergency missions
- Experience in logistics management, team management and project management
- One or more experiences as project coordinator and/or head of mission is highly recommended
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of French is recommended
- Listening skills
- Analytical skills
- Good stress management
- Ability to work under pressure
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Team management and technical and logistics project management
- Good knowledge of OCG's operations, technical families, and supply chain
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- Open-ended contract
- Working place : Geneva,
- Ideal start date: As Soon As Possible
- Gross annual salary: from CHF 116’449.- to CHF 130’657.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is December 11th, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.