Non-Communicable Disease Alliance
The Partnerships and Membership Manager will support the strategic growth of NCDA’s partnerships and membership in line with NCDA’s new strategy 2021-2026. The role will be responsible for supporting NCDA’s strategic engagement with NGOs and overseeing the delivery of related work plans, key activities and products (including via NCDA’s Supporters Group), supporting membership outreach strategies and delivery, reporting and M&E processes and business development.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates passionate about global health and multisectoral action to work for a respected civil society organisation and engage with a range of stakeholders such as corporates, foundations, government agencies, development agencies and NGOs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage NCDA’s portfolio of strategic partnerships with NGOs and corporates, including by setting clear partnership benefits, managing the delivery and reporting on bilateral plans and activities, maintaining constructive relationships and proactively seeking alignment across our partnerships.
- Lead the delivery of NCDA’s membership strategy, including through membership outreach, membership engagement mechanisms and coordination of the roll out of benefits, and line manage 1 partnership and membership officer who is particularly focused on NCDA membership.
- Lead on the delivery of relevant partnership-led events, initiatives and knowledge products in line with NCDA’s new strategy.
- Support stakeholder relationships and strategic engagement with NCDA’s existing 28 partners, coordinate activities of the NCDA Supporters Group and business development with existing and new sectors.
- Support the delivery of NCDA Supporters Group’s plans and activities, ensuring opportunities for the group to facilitate connections, share good practice and guidance on partnerships and providing platforms for knowledge exchange.
- Support NCDA’s business development to diversify the partnership base, including mapping strategic opportunities, drafting concept notes, proposals and budgets for new partnerships and programmes.
- Coordinate NCDA’s partnerships and strategic collaborations across the global health and sustainable development community, strengthening existing partnerships and forging new ones that raise the profile of NCDs and promote win-win solutions for health and development.
- Coordinate monitoring, evaluation and reporting of NCDA’s partnerships to assess impact, results and learning – particularly with regard to NGOs and corporates.
- Contribute to NCDA’s governance processes when related to partnership and membership, including the NCDA’s Board Sub-Committee on Partnership and Membership, Board meeting papers, and the NCDA General Assembly every two years.
- Coordinate across the NCDA team, working with Policy and Advocacy, Capacity Development, Operations and Communications to implement NCDA’s partnership and membership strategy.
- Represent NCDA at key events globally to build NCDA’s networks, identify opportunities for partnerships and position NCDA to strengthen its partnership portfolio.
Skills and competencies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an area relevant to the job description, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in partnerships, membership or fundraising, ideally in an NGO or membership
- An experienced manager, with line management and budget management experience.
- A strong networker with a track record in stakeholder engagement and relationship management. Able to build NCDA’s networks, identify opportunities for partnerships and position NCDA to strengthen its partnership portfolio.
- A strategic thinker, with excellent analytical skills, able to proactively identify new partnership opportunities for NCDA and shape strategic approaches.
- A strong writer, with excellent analytical and drafting skills, including the ability to draft complex proposals and other materials accurately and compellingly for fundraising purposes.
- A compelling negotiator and influencer, able to promote NCDA’s work and impact in a compelling way to a range of audiences.
- Capacity to work remotely and collaboratively in an international team environment, with excellent organisational and planning skills, and ability to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A problem-solver and a self-starter, who can work independently and takes challenges in your stride, maintaining a positive and energised outlook which motivates those around you.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Available for travel abroad.
- Fluent in other languages. French is a plus.
- Monitoring and evaluation expertise.
- Knowledge of NCDs and global health.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority at the NCD Alliance. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone.
Our work is underpinned by values which align with well-established principles of global health and sustainable development:
- Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Excellence and results driven