RECI, Réseau suisse Education & Coopération Internationale
Communication and Event Volunteer (10-20%)
- Desired start: mid September
- Duration : 4-5 months
- Location: Mostly remote
RECI, the Swiss Network for Education and International Cooperation, is an independent, non-profit network of organisations and individuals who promote the right to inclusive and equitable quality education for all and to lifelong learning in the context of international cooperation.
RECI members are Swiss-based NGOs, academic institutions and individual experts working in the field of education and international cooperation.
RECI organises exchanges on education in international cooperation between its members, with other organisations and with a wider interested public.
RECI organises public and networked events - conferences, workshops, seminars, webinars - in person or online.
RECI is organising a full-day conference, RECI Education Forum, on 21 November. For the organisation of this conference, and for other tasks (depending on the availability of the selected candidate) we are looking for a 10-20% Communications and Events Volunteer for a period of 4-5 months, with flexible working hours to be negotiated.
Your tasks :
- Participation in the organisation, promotion, running and follow-up of the RECI Education Forum
- Communication of the event and its promotion (social networks, mailing, newsletter...).
- Management and follow-up of registrations and management of the database
- Connecting & welcoming participants and speakers
- Help with volunteer management on event day
- Writing, proofreading and translation of content (French & English)
- Logistical organisation and preparation before the event (catering, equipment, installation, etc.)
- Collaboration with the organising committee and other relevant stakeholders
- Help with the follow-up of the event (writing workshop reports, acknowledgements, etc.)
- Support for the organisation's institutional communication
- Updating the website
- Administrative support
- You are following a higher education curriculum (Bachelor or Master) (UNI, HEC, HEG, SES...), ideally in communication or event management, or a profile in international relations, education science, etc. with an interest in communication
- Excellent oral and writing skills in French or German (and advanced knowledge of the other is an asset).
- Good English language skills.
- Well organised and able to work in a remote team.
- Comfortable with the usual IT tools, the digital world and social media
- Ability to work in an organised and rigorous manner, willingness to learn and find solutions, curiosity, sense of quality
- Interest in platforms and software such as canva, eventbrite, zoom, mailchimp, wondershare filmora, wordpress...
- Adherence to RECI values
- CV in French, German or English by email to: info(at)reci-education.ch
- Deadline for applications: until 25th of September