The Gold Standard Foundation
Gold Standard is currently seeking a suitably qualified Payroll and HR Administration Associate to join our growing team. This role reports to the Senior HR Manager and is primarily responsible for supporting the payroll function at Gold Standard. The position is available on a part-time (60%) basis and for fixed-term contract of 6 months.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Working closely with the HR and Finance teams the successful incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Gold Standard’s payrolls including the following tasks:
- Payroll processing: Executing the complete payroll process, from data entry to payment and the filing of all relevant documents.
- Vendor Management: Maintaining the relationship for outsourced payrolls and ensuring timely communications of payroll information.
- Pension and Social insurance coordination: Declaring accidents, illnesses, maternity leave. Managing all social security aspects (AVS declarations, Allowances, Withholding Tax, ). Coordinating with local authorities, pension providers and external providers/third parties.
- Employee Support: Providing timely support to colleagues and managers for all requests related to payroll or HR administration. Deliver HR information to staff in English with a strong customer focus.
- Record Keeping: Keeping track and recording hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc. and assisting the HR team to ensure absence is appropriately tracked and recorded and any payroll implications are identified and dealt with appropriately, e.g., sick pay entitlements, parental payments, unpaid leave, etc.
- Year End Process: Ensuring accurate year-end formalities: year-end salary certificates as well as other periodical reports such as insurance statements, retirement insurance contributions and unemployment statements).
- Team Collaboration: Coordinating and collaborating closely with the finance team for the monthly salary payments to employees and the relevant authorities.
- Procedure Development: Working closely with the Finance team in contributing to the development and documentation of financial and accounting procedures to ensure efficient and standardized processes.
- HR Administration: Supporting the HR team with HR administration or HR projects, as required.
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or Human resources; or equivalent, Swiss HR qualification is preferred.
- 2-5 years’ proven experience in a similar position in a fast moving office environment with a strong working knowledge of Swiss payroll laws and employment law
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for making efficiency improvements to existing processes
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Solid skills in the use of MS Office programs and general aptitude for the use of IT systems
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the environment or sustainable development a plus
- Excellent command of English and French
- Analytical and agile personality, with excellent communication and team spirit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on 30th November 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.