UNI Global Union
UNI Global Union is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Project Officer to provide consultancy services to support the implementation of a USAID-funded multi-country project that is building a cohort of empowered and resilient health and care workers and strong health and care workers’ organizations that advocate for gender equality, improved pay and working conditions, and safe workplaces free from stigma, harassment, and violence.
The MEL project officer consultant will work with the Project Director and the Project Manager to develop and write the project’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Plan to ensure that there is effective implementation of the project’s strategic approach towards achieving its objectives. The CLA Plan should contain a plan to establish a monitoring, evaluation and learning system that will collect and maintain data, have a system of indicators for tracking progress, include processes for analyzing the data for reporting purposes, as well as, processes for inclusion into learning and adaptation practices.
Main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the development and ensure finalization of the CLA Plan in coordination with the Program Manager and the Project Director.
- Lead the development of the MEL Plan aligned with the CLA Plan in coordination with the Program Manager and the Project Director.
- Design a MEL system for the project and the project countries. The MEL system should collect and maintain data, ensure adequate data quality for analysis, and can be usefully integrated into project activities.
- Propose methods for creating quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes for inclusion into the MEL system.
- Propose methods and processes for analyzing data and information produced by the MEL system to inform practices for collaboration, learning, and adaptation by the project and its team.
- Propose a training plan for staff and partners on good practices for collaboration, learning, and adaptation, especially for the effective use of the MEL system throughout project implementation.
Experience & Competencies
- Highly proficient with USAID regulations, procedures, policies, and contracting requirements focused on CLA and MEL. Direct experience on CLA Plan and MEL Plan implementation of USAID and US government cooperative agreements essential, 3-5 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, statistics, or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies essential.
- Strong project management skills essential, 4-6 years.
- Knowledge and experience with the health and care sector preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on gender equality, especially GBV, desirable.
- Experience working in multiple country settings desirable. Collaborates effectively with team members and with external partners in multi-cultural settings to initiate and implement project activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Knowledge and experience working with labor unions and workers organizations an advantage.
- Ability to plan and coordinate project operations, including administrative and support services, with attention to detail, essential.
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with teams and build consensus with individuals at all levels and secure completion of activities and outputs with high level of accuracy and timeliness, essential.
- Effective writing, editorial, and communication skills; excellent command of English grammar and usage. Proficiency in other languages, especially Spanish, desirable.
- Experience in utilizing data for creative communications an advantage.
- High degree of knowledge and experience with use of desktop computers and laptops with word processing and spreadsheet software applications (MS Word; MS Excel), use of mobile phone technology, and common office equipment technology required.
- A strong personal commitment to the ideals and goals of UNI Global Union and a strong sense of honesty and integrity.
- The ability to respond to unexpected events effectively and efficiently.
- The capability to deliver results in a fast -paced environment.
- A solid leadership skills, including, partnership skills, ability to motivate colleagues.
- This position requires some flexibility to work irregular and unusual hours due to time zone differences.
How to apply
If you recognize yourself in the profile sought and if you share the values of our organization, we invite you to apply for this position on email@example.com.
Application deadline : November 30th, 2023. Interviews will take place end of November.