ALIPH is a Swiss foundation based in Geneva, with the privileges and immunities of an international organization. As the leading global fund exclusively dedicated to the protection of cultural heritage in conflict areas, ALIPH supports concrete projects in the fields of prevention, emergency response and rehabilitation. To fulfill its mission, the foundation requires the financial support of States, foundations and private donors.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance & Administration, the Grant finance assistant will contribute to maintain up-to-date the set of quantitative data pertaining to grants.
The Grant finance assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Get acquainted with ALIPH’s grant management and project management IT tools
- Review all grants awarded by ALIPH since inception in liaison with project managers and finance officer, identify missing and incorrect information, and make corrections where needed
- Compile the cleansed data into reports and dashboards
- Contribute to the improvement of grant-related IT tools
- Draft an SOP for the use of the project management and grant management tools
On a daily basis, the grant finance assistant will work in close cooperation with the finance officer and project managers.
Professional skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration and/or management information
- Sound experience in handling datasets, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Experience in grant management would be a plus
- Rigorous attention to detail and tenacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and in “startup” mode
- Availability as soon as possible
This position is a fixed-term contract (6 months) based in Geneva and will provide exceptional professional experience to an individual bringing the right combination of skills, passion, and constructive attitude.
- Organization: International alliance for the protection of heritage in conflict areas (ALIPH)
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Type of contract: fixed-term (6 months)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter in (English or French) before 26 August to: email@example.com - mentioning "Grant finance assistant" in the subject line.