In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial, and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed groups and de facto authorities in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Geneva Call is looking for a Communication Intern to support the organization’s global communications efforts. The Communication Intern will be part of Geneva Call’s Global Engagement Unit and will report directly to the Global Communications Officer.
- Contributing to website updates and to posts on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, X, and Instagram).
- Creating infographics and visuals for online and offline communications.
- Supporting the creation of a wide range of publications, including the Annual Report.
- Assisting with writing and editing articles, reports, stories, and press releases.
- Monitoring and assessing social media and website analytics.
- Improving multimedia and document management.
- Training Geneva Call’s staff on basic communication skills.
- Translating between English and French.
- Taking and storing photos and editing videos.
- Assisting with event organization and management.
- Supporting the department’s other activities, as required by the Head of the Global Engagement Unit.
- Involved or completed a BA degree in communication, journalism, international relations, humanitarian affairs, or a relevant field. Enrollment in a Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in English and French is required. Other languages (especially Spanish and Arabic) are an asset.
- Advanced writing, analytical, and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of social media tools and platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, X, and Instagram) as well as Office tools, including Microsoft Office, WordPress, Canva, Adobe Suite, and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with graphic design is required.
- Skills in photography and video editing are a strong asset.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Communication Intern
- Type of contract: Internship contract with tripartite agreement
- Activity rate: 100%
- Remuneration: 1700 CHF gross per month
- Workplace: Geneva
- Duration: 6 months
- Preferred start date: January 2024
Candidates should be Swiss nationals or be eligible for a Swiss work permit and must fall into one of the following three categories:
- Current student: mandatory or optional internships pursued while the intern is enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree or professional qualification.
- Orientation internships pursued shortly after the completion of a first degree (e.g. Bachelor's) or prior to an advanced degree (e.g. Master's) on condition that the university awarding the degree attests the relevance and usefulness of the internship.
- Internships pursued with the aim of assisting the intern's social or professional reintegration, under the oversight of the cantonal or federal-level authorities.
We ask all candidates to clearly state in their application (CV or Cover Letter) if they are eligible for an internship agreement. Applications without this information will not be considered.
No later than December 1st, 2023. All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.