Globethics is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through higher education and global engagement. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international Board, and affiliated centres across the globe, Globethics seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different worldviews on ethical issues. Globethics aims to equip individuals and institutions for ethical thinking, decision-making and action through higher education and policy engagement from cross-cultural and global perspectives. To achieve this goal, Globethics:
- Empowers and equips students and professionals through higher education, including executive education programmes in ethics (as an accredited provider of online courses)
- Develops and spreads knowledge about applied ethics through networking, collaborative research, publications and open-access resources via the leading free online library on ethics
- Supports ethical standard setting and implementation for institutional development
- Engages with policymakers on the international, national, regional and local governmental level, and with higher education institutions, in multi-stakeholder academic and policy dialogues on global issues for transformative ethical leadership.
We are looking for a full time Academic and Community Engagement Coordinator to carry out her/his responsibilities and duties in the context of the organisation’s vision, mission and values. The Academic and Community Engagement Coordinator will manage and develop the academic relations, between Globethics and its partner institutions and related collaborative projects in research and other fields, in coordination with the Head of the Academic Department. The post holder would also contribute to Globethics international community management and related public and policy events, in coordination with the Head of the Community and Policy Department.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management of academic, community engagement and policy projects and events, and coordinate to ensure their successful and efficient implementation according to their monitoring and evaluation matrix, and budget
- Coordinate with academic and research stakeholders on joint projects, in particular with the Globethics Competence Centres, in collaboration with the Academic Dean
- Engage and liaise with the Globethics’ network, regional centres, partners, and stakeholders, fostering an environment of open communication and productive exchange for effective engagement
- Plan, organise, and attend meetings, and ensure related documentation and internal communication
- Carry out background research for projects, and provide the necessary project documentation and keep the related records
- Liaise regularly on project related matters with Globethics regional centres, departments and units, and maintain appropriate communications channels.
Qualifications and requirements
- Interest in ethics and alignment with the Globethics vision, mission and values.
- Master degree in international relations or global studies.
- A minimum of four years of work experience, with a proven record of accomplishment in project management and public engagement related to ethics, in a higher education and international environment.
- A proven capacity in understanding and engaging in multicultural and metalinguistic frameworks, across world regions and cultures.
- Excellent oral and written communication and social skills with strong capacity in institutional relations management and public engagement.
- Proficiency in English and French, and a third language (Preferably an Eastern European or an Asian language).
- Proficient computer skills, with experience in the use and administration of LMS (learning management systems).
- Availability for travel.
The successful candidate would work in a small, dynamic and friendly team in an international environment. They would be offered on the job training and orientation as appropriate and be encouraged in their professional and academicdevelopment.
The Globethics Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland, close to United Nations institutions.
1st January 2024 or by agreement
Motivation letter and CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2023, in one PDF file (motivation letter followed by the CV – the file shall have this name format: Name_Surname_GE_ Academic and Community Engagement Coordinator), adding in the email subject: GE ACE_Coordinator.