We are looking for a Communications & Advocacy Manager to join our team in HQ.
The IMPACT HQ Communications & Advocacy (C&A) Unit provides cross-cutting support to both IMPACT country offices and HQ-based global programmes teams. The overarching objectives of this team include:
- Promoting and maintaining a strong brand identity for the organisation
- Amplifying the impact of our work through effective communications, outreach, and dissemination
- Increasing the influence and impact of our research among decision-makers and key stakeholders
Responsibilities of the C&A Unit include:
- Promotion of the IMPACT brand, including those of its initiatives
- Maintaining the organisation’s visual identity (graphic charter, logos, product templates)
- Online presence (social media identity and upcoming website redesign)
- Events (identifying opportunities, planning and coordination, representation)
- Management of external digital communications, including content curation, creation, and dissemination via global mailing lists.
- Website (blog posts, threads, and other content)
- Social media accounts (currently LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Global newsletters (IMPACT quarterly newsletter and REACH monthly bulletin)
- Ad hoc global communications products (articles, blogs, op-eds)
- Development of standards and tools to strengthen the capacities of relevant IMPACT staff to develop more engaging communications content and clearer, more targeted messages.
- Global toolkits for comms & dissemination and advocacy
- Tutorials on key software or applications (InDesign, Sendinblue)
- Community of Practice workshops
- Training modules and “skill bites” webinars
- Direct support in producing comms or advocacy products
- Supporting IMPACT staff in identifying meaningful opportunities for external engagement and building strategic relationships that bolster IMPACT’s legitimacy and influence.
- Monitoring relevant external engagement opportunities and linking with correct focal point
- Organisation-level knowledge management and information sharing
- Coordination of global advocacy agenda based on programmatic strategies and priorities
- Direct engagement with external stakeholders on relevant cross-organisational topics