Mercy Hands Europe
Mercy Hands Europe (MHEurope) is a women-led international non-profit organisation registered in Geneva, Switzerland, since 2019. It is the sister organisation of Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH), the biggest local NGO in Iraq founded in 2004. MHEurope's mission is to empower vulnerable people living in the disaster areas of Iraq and Syria through our sister organisation and local partners. We also work in Ethiopia and Ukraine. We focus primarily on education, protection, emergency, agriculture, and livelihoods projects. We support the development and implementation of our projects with partner organisations on the ground. Our project management experience and expertise, with sustainability as a core value, and our presence in Switzerland, allow us to secure long-term sources of income and ensure capacity building of local communities.
MHEurope is offering an internship contract of 6 months, with two months of probation period. The starting date of the internship will ideally be the 15th of September. The intern must be already based in Geneva and a student.
Salary and benefits
- 6 months (Part-time: Minimum of 25 hours/week in the office)
- Starting date: 15 of September 2022.
- Closing date for Applications 30.08.2022
- Monthly recompensation of min 250 CHF.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You will report to the Executive Director, and your main role will be (1) To write new projects (2) Manage ongoing projects.
In details, your responsibilities include:
- Identifying suitable funding opportunities for the already designed projects or for new projects (call for proposals, foundations, institutional funders, INGOs, UN agencies, private etc...);
- Developing new projects in the various sectors and regions(especially Emergency & Agriculture);
- Manage ongoing projects (Visibility, administration, milestones, work-plan, reports);
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns;
- Reporting to the donors and partners, follow-up on the projects and coordination of the field staff
- Help the ED in the administrative processes, especially the ones linked to your projects.
- Organizing meetings, training and events in Switzerland, Europe or on the field;
- Manage Social Networks and communication;
- Advocate for the needs of the field;
- Representing MHEurope in meetings;
At the end of the internship, the intern will have:
- Experience in project design and project management, and especially in drafting project proposals; · experience in researching and answering to calls for proposals;
- Well-defined knowledge of the humanitarian situation and needs in Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and/or Ethiopia ;
- A network of contacts in the targetted regions.
Requirements & Competencies
- Currently enrolled in a Master's degree programme in a relevant field and a demonstrated thematic interest in international cooperation and humanitarian work;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (C1-C2), and preferably in one of the following languages: French, German. Arabic is highly apreciated;
- Good knowledge of MS office suite (word, excel, powerpoint), social media management and Google Drive. Knowledge of image editing software is an asset;
- Good knowledge of Switzerland, its actors and institutions;
- Good knowledge of the targetted region context (Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and/or Ethiopia);
- Knowledge of project management and fundraising is an asset;
- Ability to follow suggestions but also to work independently and flexibly;
- Ability to manage time successfully and continually meet objectives;
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural team.
How to apply
NB: Women are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter before August 30 2022 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: Internship application for Project Manager (Emergency & Agriculture).
Due to the high number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your understanding.