Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
This internship is part of an academic training program, a professional training program or a socio-professional integration program, and must meet the conditions set by the Conseil de surveillance du marché de l'emploi (CSME).
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent, international medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to people in need, people affected by natural or man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without regard to race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter). Under the guidance of the Head of Projects and Applications within the IT department, the intern will assist the Unit in designing and developing archiving capabilities on SharePoint, tailored to the needs of the Knowledge and Information Support Unit. The primary focus of this internship will be to provide support for the creation of usage reports for the SharePoint site using PowerBI.
Tasks and Learning OpportunitiesDelivery of Defined Outputs:
- Provide and showcase deliverables outlined at the onset of the mission.
- Demonstrate proficiency in meeting predetermined objectives and expectations.
- Collaborative Understanding of Operations:
- Engage closely with the application manager to gain insights into their activities, requirements, and customers.
- Foster a comprehensive understanding of operational nuances through collaboration.
- Facilitation of Collaborative Workshops:
- Lead workshops with business counterparts and other organizational sections.
- Enhance facilitation skills and promote collaborative problem-solving.
- Documentation and Reporting Excellence:
- Generate and deliver documentation, ensuring regular and comprehensive reporting on activities.
- Develop proficiency in crafting professional reports aligned with industry standards.
- Collaboration with IT Infrastructure:
- Interface with the IT infrastructure and operations team to ensure a global understanding of processes.
- Learn to coordinate efforts across various functional areas for project comprehension.
- Communication Coordination:
- Coordinate communication with all organizational areas and stakeholders impacted by activities.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to ensure smooth information flow.
- Goal-Related Activity Management:
- Manage activities aligned with the mission's goals.
- Deliver formal reports reflecting progress and outcomes related to the specified objectives.
- Possess a valid tripartite internship agreement.
- Hold or be currently pursuing a tertiary degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrate practical experience in development and project management gained during academic studies
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of document management principles.
- Has hands-on experience with platforms like Sharepoint, Document Management Systems, or Content Management Systems.
- Familiarity with basic Business Intelligence concepts and a willingness to explore tools like Microsoft PowerBI.
- Awareness of Microsoft Cloud offerings is a potential plus, but not a strict requirement.
- Display an eagerness to learn and apply document management practices effectively.
- Robust understanding in Information System organization
- Have a diverse knowledge base in various project management methods
- Fluent in French with a comfortable command of English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit proficiency in teamwork
- Display autonomy, exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, proactiveness, and a strong ability to collaborate within a team
- Committed to MSF values
Terms of employment
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 to 12 months, as stipulated in the internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date : March 2024
- Gross monthly remuneration CHF 2'000.-
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications March 3rd, 2024.
We reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only applications submitted on our recruitment platforms will be considered.
Please note that we do not wish to use the services of recruitment or placement agencies.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.