Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
Internships at MSF are part of an intra- or extra-academic course, or according to federal professional integration measures lien Etat de Genève : engager un-e stagiaire. A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent, international medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to people in need, people affected by natural or man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without regard to race, religion, creed or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
Procurement is part of the Supply Chain Unit of the Operational Centre of MSF in Geneva. It is responsible for providing support to the various departments of the Geneva / Zurich HQ in the realization of their purchases of goods and services, from the expression of their needs to the contract finalization with the selected suppliers. You will also provide support to the field missions during market assessments activities as well as for the supply of goods purchased from the HQ in Geneva for the field.
- Assisting the Procurement Referent.
- Management of the contract Database
- Managing the e-signature flow for the supplier contract
- Analysing the purchasing volume / data.
- Managing of certain purchasing files/project in collaboration with the stakeholders.
- Requesting some quotation & negotiating with providers.
- Working with MSF’s suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring satisfactory service.
- Delivering actionable reports and analysis.
- Handling incoming issues, monitor status and drive resolutions.
- Working on any ad hoc projects according to the current workload.
- Taking minutes of departmental meetings.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Continuously update the contracts negotiated at Headquarters level in the contracts management system.
- As part of the purchasing volume / data analysis, you will learn and experience how to:
- Analyse expenses to determine purchasing stakes,
- Identify spend analyses by department and supplier
- Build a spend report for the procurement referent
- Provide support to the different Stakeholders in preparing and managing some RFP/RFQ within the HQ. For each purchasing file, the procurement intern will provide some support by coordinating the procurement process with all stakeholders including:
- Accompany the specifying departments in the need’s analysis: volumes, technical specifications and selection criteria,
- Accompany specifying departments in the sourcing of potential suppliers,
- Participate in selecting the most relevant supplier based on pre-established selection criteria.
- Support the implementation of the HQ Procurement Procedure and prepare some materials (information, training, supports, templates….)
- Have a tripartite internship agreement
- Master / Bachelor degree and specialization in Procurement obtained less than 12 months ago or in the process of obtaining
- IT: Proficiency in the management of data (Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Autonomy and initiative-taking
- Demonstrate keen interest and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF
- Proficiency in French and English
Terms of employment
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 to 12 months, according to internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date : Beginning of February 2024
- Gross monthly remuneration 2'000.- CHF
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications December 17th, 2023.
We reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only applications submitted on our recruitment platforms will be considered.
Please note that we do not wish to use the services of recruitment or placement agencies.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.