Save the Children International
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Finance and Support Services Manager in Geneva, Switzerland Save the Children office location.
The Geneva Advocacy Office is of the three global advocacy offices of Save the Children (together with our global advocacy offices in New York and in Addis Ababa). Based on the strategic priorities of the organisation, the Geneva Advocacy Office ensure that Save the Children engages with and influence inter-governmental processes in Geneva to advance children’s rights. The Geneva Advocacy Office connects Save the Children’s country and regional offices to the global processes in Geneva. We build and nurture relations with Member States, UN agencies and all key stakeholders in Geneva to promote children’s rights.
The Geneva Advocacy Office work is based on three main pillars: i) humanitarian affairs, ii) children’s rights and iii) global health. A team of advocates lead the advocacy and policy work of the office to advance children’s rights across these three pillars.
The Geneva Advocacy Office of Save the Children is located in the newly established Humanitarian Hub, a shared office with other NGOs in the hear of International Geneva.
As part of a dynamic team, the Finance and Support Services Manager will be:
- Responsible for the financial management of the Geneva Advocacy Office, including the management of donors’ grants
- Responsible for the administrative management of Save the Children staff
- Point of contact on the Financial/Admin/IT matters within the Humanitarian Hub
- Support colleagues to create a conducive financial and human resources environment for Save the Children to undertake its work in Geneva
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Experience and skills
- Solid experience in financial management, ideally with a knowledge of the non-for-profit sector and grants accounting
- Experience in managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Experience in development of budgets, budget monitoring and forecast and budget reporting
- Capacity of analysing complex financial data
- Experience in financial reporting, ideally with donors in the humanitarian and development sectors
- Interpersonal skills, with a good capacity to work with dispersed teams and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments
- Good level of computer proficiency, including excel
- Ideally, experience of HR administrative management in the Swiss context
- Fluency in English and in French
The full job description is provided in the link where to apply on.
This role will be based in Geneva, Switzerland. The successful candidate must have proof of eligibility to work in Switzerland. National T&C (including pay) will apply.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.