SIOG – International Society of Geriatric Oncology
The International Society of Geriatric Oncology, (Société Internationale d’Oncologie Gériatrique in French acronym for SIOG), was founded in 2000 and was officially registered as a not-for-profit organisation under the Swiss law in October 2012. SIOG is a multidisciplinary team of oncology and geriatric physicians, as well as allied health professionals focused to address the rising public health challenges related to ageing and cancer.
What we need
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for building our online presence and communicating directly with SIOG members, and the international health professional public This position will create and design social media and communications deliverables. This role will work collaboratively with SIOG staff to expand our reach and build support for SIOG projects and events.
Job offer specifications
- Employment: 100%
- Title: Communications Coordinator
- Employment period: 12 months
- Probation period: 1 month
- Notice period: either party can terminate this contract by giving a one-month notice in writing to the other party
- Subject to: originals of resume, bio certificates and testimonials are handed to SIOG administration for validation, prior to commencement of contract
- Holidays: 5 weeks (25 days)
- Overtime: Not compensated
- Salary: As per Swiss based NGO standards
Main tasks and responsibilities
- EU H2020 Geronte Project Communication and dissemination efforts
- Preparation of SIOG Newsletter (4 times a year) - content, format and distribution
- Preparation of SIOG Annual Report
- Preparation of other Newsletters (SIOG NAH and Young SIOG)
- Preparation of SIOG communication (eblast, website and social media) related to SIOG events and project outcomes
- Preparation of reports, marketing materials and brochures for SIOG educational events
- Any other communication tasks as needed by the SIOG team
Reporting lines and interactions
You will report to, and work under the guidance of the SIOG Executive Administrator.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a communication-related field or previous experience in a similar field;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Write compelling, engaging copy for emails, Twitter posts, LinkedIn posts;
- Social media savvy;
- Understand brand-cohesion and good storytelling;
- Team player with excellent time management, planning and communication skills;
- Ability to independently coordinate different projects at the same time;
- Native English; knowledge of French and additional languages is a plus;
- Microsoft Office applications proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc);
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Work in a small but dynamic and experienced team of professionals
- Gain work experience in an international network of health professionals
- Network with professionals in the field of cancer in ageing
- Gain professional exposure
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that explains your reason to work at SIOG and how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your resume and cover letter to Mrs Laurence Jocaille at email@example.com with the Subject Line: Communications Coordinator.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.