Switzerland for UNHCR
Switzerland for UNHCR hires a IG Digital Marketing & Systems Officer
Contract Type: 80 -100% - permanent position
Place of work: Geneva – other locations in Switzerland can be considered -
Starting date: As soon as possible
About Switzerland for UNHCR, the Swiss Foundation for UNHCR
UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting the rights of refugees and building a better future for the millions of people forced to flee their homes.
Since 1950, UNHCR has responded to multiple crises on different continents and has provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nowhere else to turn. Its work was aimed at ensuring their rights, protection and assistance, preserving their dignity and well-being.
Switzerland for UNHCR (CH4U), is the UN Refugee Agency’s national partner for Switzerland. We support UNHCR's mission by mobilizing essential resources and raising awareness on behalf of those who are forced to flee.
To allow UNHCR to protect forcibly displaced populations, the Foundation needs the support of the Swiss people. Every Franc donated is spent in a responsible and transparent manner, and donations are tax exempt.
Switzerland for UNHCR also carries out awareness and advocacy initiatives to draw the general public’s attention to the challenges faced by people forced to flee around the world, and to what UNHCR does to protect them.
The Foundation is currently looking for a Digital Marketing & Systems Officer to join the Individual Giving team.
Within a growing team, this position reports and is under the responsibility of the Head of Individual Giving (IG).
The incumbent will oversee a range of conversion activities across channels and platforms with a focus on delivering an outstanding online supporter experience and improve donor conversions playing a key part in the success of Switzerland for UNHCR fundraising program.
He/she ensures that a proper image of UNHCR is conveyed to the various target audiences and creates a privileged link between them and the Switzerland for UNHCR Foundation.
The role requires collaboration with multiple teams and departments within the Foundation, national and international offices of UNHCR and external providers.
Scope of the Assignment
The Digital Marketing & Systems Officer will support the Head of IG and team in the development of the strategic digital annual fundraising plan and support its yearly execution. This will include the following tasks:
- Oversee and manage our conversion and testing strategies across channels, with a special focus on digital and telemarketing
- In close collaboration with the Digital Communications Officer, oversee and manage our e-commerce Drupal Content Management System (CMS), creating and maintaining donation pages; identifying areas for development and working with relevant internal and external stakeholders to test and optimize
- Develop and oversee strategy for conversion rate optimisation, including the management of a testing roadmap to regularly execute A/B and multivariate tests and the use of new and existing technology e.g. heatmapping to reduce friction rates and continuously improve and optimise conversions
- Utilise third-party platforms to improve user experience and increase donations
- Support the Content Marketing Officer in optimizing our emailing Marketing Cloud platform
- Coordinate and maintain all vanity and tracking links across the organization
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of our digital analytical capabilities, working closely with CH4U Data Manager as well as the marketing teams and Digital Communications Officer, and external stakeholders
- Monitor, measure, analyse, test, and iterate on fundraising campaigns. Identify opportunities for testing and innovation intended to maximize campaign and program performance across channels with a special focus on digital
- Use data and insights to produce regular reports on performance against KPIs; use analytics to identify trends and optimise activities based on user behavior
- Remain flexible and quickly respond to emergency situations, identifying fundraising opportunities and develop relevant journeys as needed, collaborating with colleagues from the IG team and across the organisation
- Work closely with the communications and IG teams to improve user experience and conversions from the website and social medias
- Work collaboratively with the Foundation team as well as digital experts from Global UNHCR, to support fundraising in Switzerland
- Manage relationships with key external vendors. This will include developing project briefs, ongoing communication and appropriate follow-up, to ensure strong relationships
- Stay up to date with digital best practices and technology, including sector trends follow industry policies, including GDPR, attending training and optimizing plans accordingly
The ideal candidate is a passionate, results-oriented individual with strong copywriting and marketing skills, as well as a genuine interest for the humanitarian sector.
- 3 to 5 years or more relevant work experience in digital Marketing
- Experience working in fundraising for a non-for-profit agency / organization is considered a strong asset
- Experience managing Marketing platforms (CMS-E-commerce donation pages tools -Google analytics-E-mailer)for tracking and analysis
- Experience developing and delivering strategies for conversion rate optimization and user experience
- Experience of measuring, evaluating and reporting on digital activity and performance
- across multiple channels and digital campaigns, paid and organic
- Graduate degree or CFC / professional maturity with equivalent in experience to reach graduate level in data, digital Marketing, or related field
- Solid understanding of digital fundraising practices and principles
- Knowledge or experience managing Drupal e-commerce platforms (or similar CMS) and proven understanding and use of HTML and other coding languages
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Well organized, structured and solution oriented with high attention to details and process oriented
- Very good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced multi-cultural and multilingual environment
- Good capacity to work autonomously as well as a team player
- Ability to supervise at a smaller level
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage middle sized projects with budget management under supervision
- Knowledge, interest and a strong commitment for the work and mission of UNHCR toward refugees
- Excellent command of English, another Swiss national language (DE/FR/IT) is a strong advantage
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience working across a broad channel mix (social, web, email Marketing Cloud, SEO, SEM and other Offline Marketing channels) would be an advantage
- Knowledge or experience working with Salesforce and Power BI (or similar platforms)
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and CV to the Swiss Foundation by email to email@example.com, until December 11th, 2023, mentioning the reference: IG Digital Marketing & Systems Officer
Only selected candidates will be contacted. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proud to make diversity a strength.