The Gold Standard Foundation
At Gold Standard we are seeking a HR Officer who is passionate about employee experience and looking to work in a growing non-profit environment. This is an exciting generalist role, which covers the full span of the employee life cycle and delivery of HR projects to bring people-centred initiatives to our dynamic and internationally dispersed workforce.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking a HR Officer to assist with the day to day running of the HR, recruitment and people and culture processes and initiatives.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing HR operational support and expertise along the entire employee lifecycle, in partnership with HR and wider Operations teams contributing to a positive employee experience;
- Acting as point of contact for employees and managers; providing HR guidance, and support from the HR team; Operating the HR helpdesk queries and delivering timely feedback.
- Driving and supporting the implementation of various HR initiatives; Researching new people and culture related projects and working within HR team towards implementation to deliver the wider HR workplan.
- Ensuring HR compliance with Swiss Labour law; providing knowledge on Swiss Labour Law and other jurisdictions where Gold Standard operates.
- Having responsibility for the recruitment cycle with internal and external stakeholders including onboarding and offboarding processes
- Supporting and developing the recruitment and talent acquisition policies that encourage best practice behaviour as well as compliance with legislation.
- Providing support and guidance on the performance management processes, communicating internal timelines.
- Providing guidance on all aspects of training and development, identifying training needs, including providing training on internal processes.
- Collaborating with HR and wider operations team to develop HR processes and, updating and evolving policies, in line with organisational and legislative requirements.
- Supporting the Finance team with the payroll process, working on compensation and benefits and acting as a point of contact for the Global Payroll provider .
- Communicating and executing process changes to a large dispersed international workforce.
- Promoting employer brand and employee value proposition of Gold Standard.
- Ensuring that internal process is followed and staying up to date with HR best practice
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Circa 5 years of relevant HR experience, preferably in in recruitment or talent acquisition and/ or generalist HR.
- Demonstrated ability to complete activities where there was a high degree of attention to detail, analysis and the meeting of short deadlines;
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information requiring diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative developing lead elements of the HR function.
- Experience working within an environment that has multiple stakeholders
- A passion for employee experience and people operations is a must.
- Experience in project management would be desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
- Must have a valid work permit and/ or eligibility to work in Switzerland.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND GROW BY:
- Joining an expanding team who are passionate about enabling a growing and thriving organisation to meet its strategic ambitions.
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation and external stakeholders on people and culture initiatives.
- Having direct input into shaping policies and procedures in a fast moving, pioneering organisation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close by COB 20th March 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.