World Heart Federation
The Campaign Manager of the World Heart Federation (WHF) has the primary responsibility for creating and managing multifaceted, multi-partnership campaigns which help the global cardiovascular community to achieve its mission.
The Manager reports to the Director of Strategy and Communications and collaborates closely with the Advocacy, Partnership and Membership teams. We are looking for an experienced project manager and marketing expert who inspires others and delivers on time.
The Campaign Manager will execute end-to-end (plan, test, execute, measure, and refine) campaigns and promote them. This role requires a highly organised, collaborative, and creative mind able to manage day-to-day deliverables without losing sight of the wider context.
The World Heart Federation (WHF) is an umbrella organisation representing the global cardiovascular community, uniting over 200 patient, medical, and scientific groups. Our advocacy and convening roles help us empower our members to prevent and control cardiovascular disease. We work in line with SDG 3.4 to reduce by 1/3 the deaths from NCDs by 2030. WHF influences policies and shares knowledge to promote cardiovascular health for everyone. For more information, visit https://www.world-heart-federation.org
ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS AT WHF
Communications is at the heart of WHF’s work. The Communications Department positions WHF as a leader in global cardiovascular health by profiling our advocacy work and our role as a convener of a diverse community of national, regional and international organisations, dedicated to the prevention and control of CVD.
Our goal is to:
- Make WHF a reference organisation for information, knowledge and innovation in the global cardiovascular space.
- Profile WHF as knowledgeable and caring—humanise the way we communicate, put human beings at the heart of our communications.
- Profile the collaborative work of our Members and Partners to help reach the UN Sustainable Development Goals and our mission of cardiovascular health for everyone.
The team consists of content, social media, and events experts, led by the Director of Strategy and Communications at WHF.
- Manage the World Heart Day campaign, one of the largest public health events in the world. Held each year on 29 September, the campaign has reached over a billion people during the last two years. Its purpose is to raise crucial awareness of cardiovascular health and to add a significant funding stream for WHF core activities with Members and our global advocacy efforts.
- Contribute to the creation and directly manage the production and execution of other campaigns on digital channels and in live settings.
- Determine a target audience’s needs, wants, habits, interests and other relevant factors used in creating targeted marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the campaigns calendar. Execute and plan campaign production schedules, remain on top of all activities and notify stakeholders of relevant outcomes, fluctuations, and plans.
- Support WHF staff across different programme and policy areas on campaigns, digital engagement and communication.
- Identify new conversations, social movements and opportunities, and work in tandem with the direct manager to seize the day and increase the impact of our campaigns and global presence.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external agency partners and track effectiveness of campaigns on digital and direct marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Significant experience in marketing and content promotion.
- Proficient user of digital platforms.
- Highly organised project manager.
- Experience in managing the work of creative agencies, and different budgets streams.
- Creativity, curiosity, and lack of tolerance for technical jargon.
- Experience conceiving and directing campaigns and crafting campaign-style messages; understanding of industry’s best practices.
- Effective writing, speaking, presenting and active listening skills.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines of parallel campaigns with various partners.
- Fluent in English and French, knowledge of other languages an asset.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send an email to HR@worldheart.org with your CV and a cover letter.
The deadline to submit applications is 15 July 2022.
Expected starting date: 1 September 2022 for six months maternity cover, until 28 February 2023.