Centre of Competence on Humanitarian Negotiation
About the Centre of Competence on Humanitarian Negotiation
Founded in 2016, the Centre of Competence on Humanitarian Negotiation (CCHN) is a joint initiative of five organisations: the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the World Food Programme (WFP), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) Switzerland and the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue. It is administratively hosted by the ICRC in Geneva, Switzerland.
The aim of the CCHN is to facilitate the capture, analysis and sharing of humanitarian negotiation practices to support the efforts of humanitarian practitioners in seeking access to and protection of populations affected by armed conflicts and other situations of violence. At the core of the CCHN’s work is a global community of frontline negotiators working across agencies and regions, brought together by the specificities of humanitarian negotiation.
Purpose of the position
The Operations Associate supports the CCHN’s engagement with humanitarian professionals in Asia. The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative and operational support for the successful implementation of online and onsite peer activities, build the capacity of members of the CCHN community in Asia in using digital exchange platforms, act as tech host for regional and global online workshop events and assist in the deployment and management of CCHN digital platforms among frontline negotiators in Asia. The Associate carries out desk and literature research, supports online interviews for listening tours, and drafts analytical reports.
Background and experience
- University degree in political sciences, international relations or equivalent;
- Experience in project and information flow management;
- Excellent command of English and at least one other language among Dari, Burmese or Bangla;
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures;
- Experience in planning and organisation and with data-management software;
- Confirmed experience in the use and design of interactive digital platforms and events;
- Experience in managing and facilitating professional development events such as training courses, workshops, conferences, etc.
Profile and skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Good writing and editing skills;
- Proficient in computer skills and online interactive platform (WordPress CMS, Zoom, Teams, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, etc.);
- Proven capacity to work remotely and under pressure;
- Attention to detail and proven resilience in front of evolving technology as well as constraints on digital access in some regions and contexts;
- Strong capacity to adapt to new demands and changing environments;
- Strong customer service attitude;
- Sensitivity to political and cultural dimensions of frontline negotiation activities;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a professional team under tight deadlines;
- Capacity to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Please read the full job description on our website.
Apply by filling in this form by 20 May 2022.