Principles for Peace Foundation
Title: Operations Support Officer – Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Duty Station: Geneva, with possible travel
Open-ended assignment- Full Time
The Principles for Peace (P4P) is a global participatory initiative that was set up to develop new principles, standards and norms to fundamentally reshape peace processes and chart a path to lasting peace. It brings together a broad coalition of actors across political, diplomatic, academic, defence and security, civil society and multilateral organisations. The global, inclusive process of developing the Principles was led by the International Commission on Inclusive Peace and the P4P Secretariat. The approach anchored the initiative in both realpolitik and real society. It leveraged cutting edge research, including 700 case studies distilled and 150 consultations in more than 60 countries.
A Peacemaking Covenant is the flagship product of this process. It presents a guiding framework for action outlining the Eight Principles for Peace and the shifts in approach to peacemaking needed to deliver lasting, inclusive peace. The Principles for Peace Foundation is a catalyst, custodian and curator of these principles, the alliances built around them, and the broader peace and security ecosystem. It promotes and oversees the uptake and implementation of the principles and act as a global peace monitor to enhance the quality and effectiveness of peace making policy and action. The Principles for Peace Foundation is a synergist of partnerships, it engages diversity of actors – mediators, security forces, governments, civil society, and businesses – to co-develop country, constituency, and thematic specific roadmaps to translate these principles into practical action to enhance the quality and durability of peace processes.
The Operations Support Officer is a full-time position based in Geneva, reporting to the Executive Director of the Principles for Peace Foundation. The incumbent serves as the main point of contact for operations and HR in the Geneva office.
The Officer coordinates general administrative support for the organization and works closely with the operations and finance hub in Manila to ensure regular budget management and timely, accurate financial records are accessible for senior leadership on regular basis to inform decision making.
The officer monitors and support budget and project implementation and ensure compliance with internal policies, donor regulations, and local/fiscal regulations.
Description of key functions:
- Serve as HR Point of Contact, managing onboarding, induction, and contracting of
- Coordinate payroll with operations service centre in Manilla and ensure compliance
with statutory deductions
- Process travel advances, ensure compliance with travel policy and follow up on
- Ensure compliance with host country regulations and monitor trends in governance
- Develop, and review MOUs and partnership frameworks
- Consolidate management reports on audit and internal controls, and support
implementation of follow-up action
- Promote risk awareness and support colleagues with internal compliance data
- Coordinate with external parties for due diligence processes
- Initiate and manage procurement processes
- Ensure compliance with internal rules and regulations by staff
- Maintain a fixed assets database
- Support the Executive Director’s in arranging meetings, travel and handle follow-up actions
- External and internal communication and information flows, draft letters, emails, assist with information-sharing
- Logistical support for events and special projects
- General administrative support for the organization
- Support for meetings of the Governing Board, including logistics, travel, accommodation, venue, etc.
- Support for ad hoc Board-related meetings including teleconferences
The qualifications required for the role of Operations Support Officer – Office Manager
- A relevant qualification in administration, finance and office management or demonstrated equivalent experience in Switzerland.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent English and French communication skills
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for administrative document preparation and file maintenance
- Understanding of Swiss HR administration
- Advanced organization and coordination skills
- Ability to work effectively in a start-up. Ability to prioritize work, perform compliance review, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing demands
- Ability to determine relevant background materials and screen for urgency
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment and exhibit non-discriminatory behavior
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and good judgment
The Principles for Peace competencies required for this role include collaboration and team-work, communication, drive for results, adaptability and continuous learning, and respect for diversity.
The organization values diversity and aims to achieve gender equality, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest to the following email:
email@example.com , no later than 26 February 2023. Please indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.