Union for International Cancer Control
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is the largest global membership organisation dedicated to taking action against cancer. Founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, UICC has over 1,100 member organisations in 172 countries and territories. UICC’s mission is to both unite and support the cancer community in its efforts to reduce the global cancer burden, promote greater equity and ensure that cancer control remains a priority on the global health and development agenda.
UICC has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and has official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO) and partnerships with the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). UICC is committed to working in partnership, and engages over 58 partners, including associations, companies and foundations, to amplify and extend its collective impact.
UICC is a founding member of the NCD Alliance, the McCabe Centre for Law & Cancer, the International Cancer Control Partnership (ICCP) and established the City Cancer Challenge Foundation in January 2019 and the Access to Oncology Medicines (ATOM) Coalition in May 2022.
Summary of Position
The Finance Manager will play a vital role in providing excellent financial oversight for UICC and its legal/fiscal entities. S/he will develop, coordinate, and implement internal processes to ensure outstanding financial management. S/he will lead the finance team comprising one accountant and two external providers. S/he will work in collaboration with the CEO and the COO to establish a streamlined financial strategy that aligns with UICC’s objectives and long-term ambitions. S/he will also be responsible for liaising and strengthening the relationship with the UICC Treasurer, the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee and the external auditors.
- Oversight and supervision of all UICC accounts (operations and programmatic).
- Provide and report on various analytical financial reports to the CEO and COO, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Provide financial advice to the Senior Management Team, the CEO and COO.
- Lead and coordinate the budget cycles, including reforecasts for all business units and operations.
- Lead and coordinating the yearly external audit of the financial statements for UICC and the World Cancer Congress.
- Lead and coordinate internal audits as requested by the Board of Directors. Oversight and report on income and expenditure analysis.
- Coordinate and manage the risk assessment, provide possible mitigation actions and report to the CEO and COO as necessary as well as to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the coordination of the work of the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors as well as support the work of the Treasurer.
- Optimise, simplify and automatise financial analysis processes and tools across different areas
Skills and experience
- University degree in business administration or equivalent
- At least 7 years of professional experience in financial analysis and internal control systems, ideally in an international organisation or an NGO
- Proven track record of efficiently managing financial and accounting principles, Swiss GAAP FER 21 would be an asset
- Strong time-management skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and leadership kills
- Experience in leading a small team
- Ability to cope with periods of high workload
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency with office applications. Knowledge of GIT WinEur an advantage
- Sound expertise in developing financial processes (budgeting, forecasting and planning) and in implementing systems and processes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The candidate should be eligible to work in Switzerland
Send your CV and motivation letter explaining how you think your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.